Full form KGF: – The full form of KGF includes the following:
- Kolar Gold Fields
- keratinocyte growth factor
Both of these full forms are described here.
#1 Full form KGF – Kolar Gold Fields
KGF or Kolar Gold Fields is a mining and taluka region, in the district of Kolar, in the state of Karnataka, in India. Robertsonpet is the headquarters of Kolar Gold Fields. He had produced tons and tons of gold. KGF is about 30 kilometres from Kolar and 100 kilometres from Bangalore.
To the east of KGF is a ridge of hills of which Dod Betta Hill lies at 3195 feet above sea level. The city had been known for its gold mines for more than a century, which was eventually closed in 2001 due to the low level of gold production. The first power generation unit in India was created exactly to support the KGF’s operations in early 1905
History of KGF
The ancient history of the Golden Fields of Kolar was compiled by Suryavardhana, superintendent of the Tamil Wesleyan mission, Bangalore and Golden Fields of Kolar. His studies and observations have been published in the quarterly journals of the Mythic Society and in other academic journals.
Around the 2nd century, the gangs founded Kolar and while in power, for almost a thousand years, they took the title of “Kuvalala-Puravareshwara” (Lord of Kolar) even after transferred its capital to Talakadu.
About the Kannada people.
From Kolar, and later from Talakadu, the gangs ruled Gangavadi, which includes the southern districts of the Kannada people. It is clear that Kolar was under Chola’s rule in 1004 for the first time, this was mistakenly said by Pa Ranjith, and the same was published here.
According to their usual system, the Cholas gave the name of Nikarilichola-mandala to the District. Around 1117 AD, the Hoysalas under Vishnuvardhana captured Talakad and between their conquests conquered Kolar and expelled the Cholas from the state of Mysore.
At the death of Somesvara, in 1254, a division of the domains of Hoysala was made between his two sons, and the district of Kolar was included in the provinces in the Ramanatha report. The next king, Ballala III, however, brought together the domains of Hoysala.
Other inscriptions by Seeya Gangan indicate that Kolar has regained control of Kolar for the second time since Chola. During the reign of Cholas, it is said that King Uththama Chola (970 AD) built the temple for the goddess Renuka.
Various people and temples.
The rulers of Chola Veera Chola, Vikrama Chola and Raja Nagendra Chola erected stone structures with inscriptions in Avani, Mulbagal, Sitti Bettta and other places. The Chola inscriptions also indicate the rule of Adithya Chola I (871-907 AD), Raja Raja Chola I and Rajendra Chola I on Kolar. The inscriptions of Rajendra Chola also appear in the Kolaramma Temple.
Many Siva temples were built in the Kolar during the reign of Chola, such as the Someshwarar Temple in the Maarikuppam village, the Sri Uddhandeshwari temple in the Maarikuppam village, the Eswaran temple in the Oorugaumpet, the Sivan temple in the village Madivala.
The reign of Cholas over Kolar lasted until 1116 AD Unfortunately, the Chola inscriptions scattered around Kolar have been abandoned, and some are subject to deliberate cultural vandalism. According to B. Lewis Rice, this story is evidently based on a confused reminiscence of certain names and historical events.
From the archives of the period, we know that the Cholas subverted the power of the Gangas by capturing Talakad in about 1004, and rushed to possess the entire south and east of Mysore. The important city of Kolahala, or Kolar, was therefore subject to them, along with the entire district of Kolar.
In 1117 AD, Kolar was under the reign of Hoysalas, and in 1254 AD, the domains were divided between the two sons of King Someshwara, with Kolar included in the provinces that went to Ramanatha. However, the next king, Ballala III, brought together the domains of Hoysala.
The Hoysalas were defeated by the Kingdom of Vijaynagar and their rule over Kolar lasted from 1336 to 1664. During his reign the temple of Sri Someshwara was built in Kolar.
The period of four generations.
During this period, in 1418, Thimme Gowda, of the Morasu Vokkalu clan, signed a treaty with the kings of Vijayanagar and governed the district of Kolar. His successors ruled for more than four generations. In the 17th century, Kolar was under Maratha’s rule as part of Shahaji’s Jahagir for fifty years. Thus, under Muslim rule for seventy years.
In 1720 AD, Kolar remained under the Sura of Sira, and Fateh Mohammed, the father of Hyder Ali, became the Faujdar of the province. After this, Kolar went through several kingdoms like Marathas, Nawab of Cuddapah, Nizam of Hyderabad and finally Hyder Ali.
In 1768, Kolar briefly passed under British rule until 1770, then passed again briefly to the Maratha government and again to Hyder Ali. In 1791, Lord Cornwallis conquered Kolar, before returning it to Mysore with the peace treaty of 1792. Since then Kolar has been part of the state of Mysore.
Around the Kolar region, there are numerous inscriptions indicating the reign of Mahavalis (Baanaas), Kadambas, Chalukyas, Pallava, Vaidumbaas, Rastrakutas, Cholas, Hoysalas and kings of Mysore at different points of time. Benjamin Lewis Rice recorded 1347 entries in the district of Kolar, in the tenth volume of Epigraphia Carnatica.
Of these inscriptions, 714 records are in Kannada  422 are in Tamil, 211 in Telugu. After India’s independence, Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru contacted the loan with the World Bank for India’s development, but the World Bank refused to grant the loan due to an insufficient loan guarantee. Nehru told the World Bank that, India has a valuable asset, namely, KGF, then committed to KGF and obtained the loan. Gold
Birth of the city
With the growth of gold mines and the consequent demand for labor, people from the districts of Dharmapuri, Krishnagiri, Salem, Arcot North and South of Tamil Nadu and Chittoor, Madanapalli and Ananthapur of Andhra Pradesh settled around to the various axes.
Over time, these rooms have expanded to join each other to form the outer sections of the city of KGF. In the city center there were families of British and Indian engineers, geologists and mine supervisors who lived a great colonial lifestyle complete with golf course, tennis court, club with ballrooms and bars, cabins and bungalows with gardens and rooms for employees. and churches and chapels. The ruins of these structures and some memorabilia continue to exist until today.
Many places in the area have names that recall the raj. The two main municipalities that subsequently emerged in KGF were Robertsonpet and Andersonpet, which are named after two British officers in the mines. In June 1902, electricity was supplied to the mining activities of the KGF, from the first and oldest Indian power plant called “Kaveri Power Plant” in Shivanasamudra.
National geological monument Kolar Modification Kolar pyroclastic lava and cushion Golden fields in the fields of Kolar Gold (kgf) has been declared a National Geological Monument of India by the Geological Survey of India (GSI), for its protection, maintenance, promotion and improvement of geo-tourism.
Education system in KGF
In 1901, John Taylor and Sons Company established an English elementary school at the Nandydoorg mine to provide education for the children of British and European company workers.
It became known as the Oorigaum Kolar Gold Fields Boys School, and later moved to middle school and then high school, with students attending Cambridge and Senior Cambridge lower level exams.
However, this school was coeducativa only until primary school, and the girls were excluded afterwards. To meet the educational requirements of the KGF girls, on January 15, 1904, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Tarbes founded two schools in KGF: an English school for Europeans and Anglo-Indians with 22 children.
The school operated in the park of the Church of Santa Maria, Champion Reefs, with Sis. Teresa de Jesús serves as the main teacher for both schools. In addition, St. Mary’s Boys School was founded in the same church complex as St. Mary’s.
Funds from government.
The funds have been made available to the government of Mysore since 1927, with a contribution of Rs.98 for the English school. The English convent later became the upper secondary school of Cambridge.
St. Mary’s Children’s School was transferred to Andersonpet after an explosive accident. In 1933, the Order of St. Joseph of Tarbes began the school of St. Teresa at Robertsonpet and then, in 1943, the School of San Sebastian at Coromandel. With both schools offering English lessons.
To meet the educational needs of the growing Marwai population at KGF, Sumathi Jain High School was founded at Robertsonpet lesson.
KGF has a Faculty of Dentistry which is the KGF College of Dental Science & Hospital, a Faculty of Engineering which is Dr. T. Thimmaiah Institute of Technology (DR.TTIT) (formerly known as Golden Valley Institute of Technology – GVIT), a Faculty of Law.
Sri Kengal Hanumanthaiya Law College, a university of the PU-KGF PU College, a first-degree university -KGF College of First Degree, Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College Kgf.
Educational bodies in KGF.
KGF also has the National Institute of Rock Mechanics (NIRM), which is managed by the Ministry of Mines with the help of GSI and IBM, and Vijaylakshmi University. Schools in the area include the Santa Teresa school, the St. Joseph school, the Santa Maria school, the Nizamia school, the English high school Vani and the upper elementary school, the Sree Mahaveer Jain school, [[William Richards School , Golden Fields Kolar, India | William Richards School], Edens Inglés High School Primary, Momin Urdu School, Dr. Ambedkarhi Jain High School, Kendriya Vidyalaya and BEML BEML Nagar Composite Junior College (BCJC), Don Bosco Industrial Training Institute [ITI] KGF Business School School Demography Proposal trade Edit The official language is Kannada.
Although the Kolar district has a majority of the population that speaks Kannada, Tamil is also widely spoken. Most of the Tamil population dates back to the workers brought by the British from the districts of Arcot del Norte, Chittoor, Salem and Dharmapuri of the Presidency of Madras, at the end of the 19th century.
Migration was necessary, as local villagers refused to work for the British. There is also an important Anglo-Indian population in KGF, descendants of the English mine supervisors.
The remains of KGF today.
The remains after having extracted the accumulated gold to form a sterile hill near the mines. In some places, the stones are loose and there is a high probability of losing grip during climbing. The hill is about 30 meters high and can be seen to the north from the town of Robertsonpet.
From the top of the hill you can see a good view of the city and the mines that are far away. The hill was composed mainly of soft stone, probably hardened due to the strong pressure of the ground at the top, there were many interesting patterns on the rocks. The hill was strong enough.
No tree or plant grew on the hills. On some sides, the stones are loose and there is a high probability of losing grip during climbing. The hill was about 30 meters high.
The hill can be seen north of the town of Robertsonpet. From the top of the hill you can see a good view of the city and the mines that are far away. The hill was composed mainly of soft stone, probably hardened due to the strong pressure of the ground at the top, there were many interesting patterns on the rocks.
Reduction in gold deposits.
The reduction of gold deposits and the increase in the cost of production forced to close the KGF for 2003. Now, everything else is in ruins. Tools and machines that are worth millions are left for the wind and rain dance. There are some military officers who guard it, they can keep the monument away from the forces of nature.
It is believed that an earthquake in the vicinity is due to the presence of this mine. Start-up In 1881 Dealers had obtained the invaluable help of John Taylor & Sons, a mining engineer company in London. Then there was a general gold rush. Until 1891, about ninety-seven square miles had been leased for gold mining and the land was located in all districts, except Bangalore.
In what was a desolate waste, a large and flourishing city emerged, endowed with most of the comforts and institutions of European life. A 10-mile-wide standard railroad track opened in 1893, from the intersection of Bowringpet (Bangarpet: Bangalore – Jolarpet Route) to the Bangalore line through most major mining properties, and has proved to be an immense convenience. success.
The main product transported was coal, wood and machinery. The population increased from 7085 in 1891 to 37964 in 1901! Mines in gold fields during the gold mine 1905 Mysore Mine mine sample of Reef ooregum Mina Nundydroog Mina Block tank mine Balaghat Gold Fields Mysore Mina Coromandel East Mina of the nine cliffs Road Block mine Mysore Cliffs Gold Mines hammock
Mining and improvements occurred in KGF.
The gold carpets were 4 miles (6 km) long with an average width of 4 miles, they were worked for the first time by a British company, John Taylor and Sons, in 1880. In three years, four large open veins (Champion, Oorgaum, Nundydorog and Mysore) open.
The sample, the deepest, reached about 10,500 feet (3,200 meters) below sea level. Until 1902, all mining machinery worked with steam energy, but in August 1902 the completion of the Cauvery Power Works produced a complete revolution in the operation of most of the mines in the fields, thus 4000 H.P.
Electricity is transmitted to the Gold Fields from the Cauvery Falls power plant, received in an elaborate processing house located centrally and distributed to the various mines in contracted quantities and thanks to this electricity, most of the mines work in their machines for grinding and molding.
Role of ministry and various institutions.
Kolar Gold Fields was the first city in Asia to obtain electricity from Shivanasamudra (a waterfall near Kanakapura, Bangalore) in Mysore. People from far away like Kolar could see the lights of this once prosperous city. KGF was known as “Little England” by the English, due to its more temperate climate and a landscape more similar to that of Great Britain.
He also had a large Anglo-Indian population that worked in different mines with different capacities. Silicosis, a form of pneumoconiosis caused by the inhalation of crystalline silica dust, has been identified for the first time in KGF. The national institute for the health of the miners was based at KGF.
Mr. K.H. Muniyappa, minister of the union, has succeeded in reopening these closed mines and giving life to the almost dead city. It is said that it was his election promise. The Kolar Gold Field water supply plan was completed in 1901-1902.
The water was extracted from the tanks of Bettamangala and Ramasagram. The suburb of Rotertsonpet (the mines are located near this city) was founded around 1901 and the name was given by the then H.H.
The Corps was based in Oorgaum, and there was a Kolar Gold Country Club and a Kolar Gold Field Library in a building called Oorgaum Hall. In 1905, S.M. Pritchard was the Club of Honors. Secy, H.H. Osborn was the H. Treasurer, with R.R. Rodda. G.H. Burnell (Secy & Librarian) and committee members were P. Bosworth-Smith, H.M.A. Cooke and Rev. L.G.
Tree surmounted The city of Kolar was one of the most prosperous cities in India. Some of the schools that existed at that time were the Kolar Gold Field School, Nundydoog Mines (1901), St. Joseph School of Conventive Girls (Order of St. Joseph of Tarbes), Champion Reef, St. Thomas School.
One of the largest public institutions was the Kolar Gold Field Gymkhana Club, which organized a Polo, Golf and Hockey team. The people of Kolar were very happy and it was a self-sufficient city with happy people and communicative children.
KGF played an important role in the prosperity of the British Empire. A collaboration in particle physics from Mumbai’s Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Osaka City University, Japan and the University of Durham, UK, recorded the first interaction of cosmic-ray neutrinos in an underground laboratory at the KGF mines in 1965. 6KGF also It has the distinction of having a golf course started by the British that dates back to 1885 and is affiliated with Indian Golf Union.
With the passing of the years and the decrease in gold reserves, along with the struggle for freedom, the expatriates began to leave the mines, although the British, who still owned the mines, remained in key positions. The Anglo-Indians were the next favourite class and took on many administrative and managerial positions.
Meanwhile, the mining school then began to produce some good miners and engineers from India, who were soon absorbed into the levels of mine management. 105 At that point, the central government took over the British mines and then handed them over to the state government.
Gold reserves declined and the once prosperous gold mine showed signs of decline. Emigration was now in the air and the Anglo-Indians were leaving India in greener pastures in large numbers. Some went to the United Kingdom, others to Canada, Australia, New Zealand and other European countries.
Many qualified people went to the gold mines in Ghana, West Africa. At that point, the central government took over the British mines and then handed them over to the state government. Gold reserves declined and the once prosperous gold mine showed signs of decline.
Emigration was now in the air and the Anglo-Indians were leaving India in greener pastures in large numbers. Some went to the United Kingdom, others to Canada, Australia, New Zealand and other European countries. Many qualified people went to the gold mines in Ghana, West Africa.
Although the annual production in some years was more than 95% of India’s gold production, the mines decreased and were nationalized in 1956 to avoid closure. The mines were finally closed in 2001 despite protests by miners and others who depended on the mines for their livelihoods.
Talking about Kolar Gold Fields brings back old memories of social life there, back then. With four or five clubs with facilities for tennis, billiards and snooker (on Sundays on Sundays) and even a separate golf club, life was something very different. The frequent dances and social functions were something to witness to believe.
As our one full form has been completed let’s come to the second one.
#2 Full Form of KGF – keratinocyte growth factor
The keratinocyte growth factor (KGF) is a growth factor that remains present in the epithelialization phase of most of the wound healing. At this stage, the keratinocytes cover the wound and form the epithelium.
KGF is a small signaling type of molecule that remains bind to the fibroblast growth factor receptor also abbreviated as 2b (FGFR2b). For signaling to occur, a dimer is required between two FGF: FGFR complexes that is bound by a heparin molecule. There are 23 known FGF receptors and 4 FGF receptors. FGF: the FGFR bond is complex and is regulated by a variety of mechanisms in a specific way of tissue.